Virtual Star-gazing

Going to galleries has always been one of my great spare time pleasures and online I like to do the same –virtual gallery gazing – where you can take your coffee in with you. Don’t know why I hadn’t found this particular gallery before but tonight, while my daughters were watching a movie we’d all seen (shall we say, several, times) before, I sidled up to the computer in the corner and instead got hooked into The Guardian’s online picture slideshows.

While the dvd swirled across its Bollywood fantasy (Bride and Prejudice, for the record and 3 0ut of 5) I visited an exhibition of photographs taken throughout the States during the Depression, then surveyed a collection of pictures found in people’s attics, including Rockwells and Pollocks. (Mental note to explore my own glory holes. Might find something I can get a few pounds for on e-Bay- just like everyone else is trying to do). Next up a selection of really very good UK graffiti, collected in response to John Reid’s move to crack down on street art, followed by a photo-survey of Madonna’s career from schoolgirl to eye of the storm. Elvis and The Beatles are there too.

Now hot-foot to you. & oh, dear reader, she married him.

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/gallery/front

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Zing Things to your inbox

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz