opera on wheels

As you’ll see if you scroll down my first attempt was an Easter craft WFMW. Now I know I should have done cars, so to help out, the girls have reminded me of this hilarious way to lighten the mood when it’s all getting a bit tedious for them in the back seat and life’s a bit frazzled in the front.


I usually start this off by singing what I see in my best ( or worst, says Rhianna) operatic diva singing style – like this…..

we are passing a vandalised bus stop… but look.. there are some buds on that tree –ee –ee

… the car in front is turning right without in-di- cat-ing.. and can you be qui-et in the back there…...

the shops on this street look in-ter-es-ting…do you like that dress in the wind-ow……

black and white zebra crossing coming up….yes, yes, yes we’re very nearly there…


The more mundane the things you sing about, the funnier it is. You have to do trills plus low and high notes. Sometimes the girls join in with the singing. Sometimes they just laugh. Very definitely at, not with, me.

I got this idea from Michael Rosen's poem The Car Trip - specifically the lines.

Mum tries to be exciting again:

'Look out the window

there's a tree.'

and please..can anyone help out with the twinkies? or scroll down.

No comments:

Zing Things to your inbox

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz